Thursday, September 4, 2008

Internship 2008

I can` believe it. Internship is gonna end tomorrow and off I go on my Hokkaido trip. :DDD 2 weeks fly by so fast. I cannot imagine, can hardly believe that in this 2 short weeks I`ve learn so much, made so many new friends, and did so many things.

I wasn`t expecting anything much from it aside from seeing how ppl work, helping out and hopefully learning something from it as well. Instead, I got to do all this and more. I cannot thank the staff working there enough. They are all so nice and kind to me and we all ended up becoming friends. :D So sweet. Amazingly, most of them know Malaysia well and are so interested in Malaysia. One of the staff from another branch goes to Malaysia almost every year for scuba diving and she is going again next month to Sipadan. O.o Even I`ve never been there. >.< And Matsumoto san who`s kinda like my instructor even knows of Malaysia`s history. Luckly, I still remembered my history from secondary school days or i cham edi lah. :P

Doing work connected with the planning of public transport really changed my way of looking at trains and buses. Using it all the time, we tend to think that it is something that should naturally be there like air and water until we never think too much about what goes on behind the scenes, right? All I can say is that im so touched. "感動した" would be an apt way of describing how I feel. All the planning , the surveys , the work put into creating a seamless network of transport for the public. Amazing....... you can just feel this feeling of being protected and thought about. I will never turn away any surveys anymore. Hahaha.....

Another thing would be "初心". The feeling you get whenever you start something new. All the ideas, the drive, the dreams. Never forget that. I remember as a child, I moved to Semenanjung for a year and saw highways, tolls, and huge constructions for the first time. From then, I got fascinated with all these public works. Its amazing how it all got build so mysteriously and on top of it all get used by so many ppl and works so well. Kind of like the well pluged arteries of a city. And the ppl who use it don`t really know how it works. They only use it. Its the engineers, planners and builders who holds the key to this great mystery. Interesting, right? Gaiti, I think I might not mind turning into one after all.

Huh, I also think im very old lah. U know why? Cos I think I click better with older ppl then younger ppl. Oh dear, does that mean im old? They just seem to understand what im saying and we can discuss things that i feel strongly about. Kids in school just look blur and shrug it off. o.O That`s it im old. Hrmph, maybe have to find older guy liaw -.=? Oh ya, maybe ur wondering. The company got leng zhai or not?? Hehehe..... hmm.... i think maybe got 2 lah can consider one. But they are so old........ Hahaha....ok lah. Im crazy edi. Ignore me.

Neways, note to all kohai`s who read this. If there is any >.< Go join internship!!! Dun know if it`s cos the company I go to has super nice ppl or what lah. Just go and join. U will surely learn something from your experience.

Lastly, wanna thank Miki san for paying for dinner and drinks for us gals tonight. They so sweet right, have farewell dinner summore tonight cos tomorrow im going to Hokkaido edi. Huhu....... im gonna miss them. Invited them to Kosensai thought, hope they come. :DDDDD

No comments: