Thursday, November 12, 2009

My first handmade tea cup!

Muahahaha..........

The tea cup that I made in Nara came today! I is super happy! Love it lots. Came at the perfect time too. Cos about a week ago, someone chipped my beloved Snoopy cup that I left to dry in the kitchen. (T_T) Was sad. But you know what they say, out with the old and in with the new!

Welcome new cup!
See its so leng. All shiny. The best part is cos I made the rim real wavy to resemble flower petals, its so unsymmetrical that when you rotate it slowly, it looks real different. It ended up not looking as much as a Lotus as I would have liked, but I could not mold the cup anymore than I did cos I made the cup too thick. On the whole, I think it turned out not bad. For my first try in pottery :D

I like this side best cos it looks like a maple leaf.


The pottery guy taught us this cool thing whereby you make an indention by applying pressure. I was so impressed that I made 3. Muahahaha...




See, see....you know what I mean by it looking different from different angles right!



Testing use my cup for the first time. No matcha in stock so used milo. Baru Malaysian mah. Hahaha.....Real happy that I made it thick now, cos the weight is perfect for a tea cup.

Imagine a cold dreary day, you`re back from sch, all cold and grumpy, cupping a warm cup that fits perfectly in your hands, you can feel the heat radiating into your frozen hands, ahhhh......

Now smell the aroma a bit, hmmmm......

Rotate the cup a bit to admired it. Then enjoy lah.

No comments: