Friday, April 25, 2008

Points to ponder

Recently, reports are making a little mountain on my to do list. Feeling swamped and sometimes as if by reflex I find myself moving way from my desk and reaching out for a book to read. The book currently would be another one by Terry Pratchett (i finished the last one edi), this one is Lords and Ladies...this one is even better and that is all the more reason to read it. Kekeke....

Neways, I know the feeling of a good productive day spend finishing up reports and studying and other stuff so I guess its gonna kill of the reflex thingy. Feeling as if I'm learning how to live life properly all over again. As if i`ve forgotten the important things along the chaotic way and readjustments are needed. Of course, all this happens in an almost automatic I dun even know its happening kind of way. Rediscovering the joys of group work, thought process, discipline, exercise, sunshine, thought provoking conversations, laughter and drive.Had a chat recently that made me realise that humans really do have bad memory powers. It does not only effect little facts and details, it also makes us forget the lessons learnt, the experience gained. However, it helps too in forgetting past regrets and what not. So is it good or bad that we have such weak memory? Or is it not the memory that`s to be blamed but the fact that we are the ones who locked it up and threw away the key?
The human brain never cease to amaze me. Just when u think u know it well, u turn a corner and loose yourself in a great big maze with 2 metre tall hedges or when ur bumbling along operating purely by habit rather than thought, a wave of inspiration strikes and along u go riding the wave. Or what about the time when thoughts and emotions collide in a gigantic cosmic eruption that's totally uncontrollable and we end up hauling the wreckage long after if proper steps were not taken. `Mind over matter` is in my opinion a great motto to follow. Who cares if its cliche? The reason why it got overused in the first place was because it had some gist to it. That`s why sayings rock. Oh...and according to some mag or somewhere somewhat informative program i saw and cannot remember what it is....humans only use around 13-14 percent of our brains. IMAGINE what we are capable of doing if it were 100 percent. The possibilities are endless and mind boggling. Maybe then everyone can bend spoons through sheer will power, contact aliens, time travel or better still do some universe hopping. OK...maybe that`s a tad bit too much....I`ve been reading too much again.

On another note, I think I'm killing the Thyme I bought. I left it out in the sun and er...basically neglected it for a week or so and currently its drying up way bad. I`ve given it a dash of water but the over porous soil just keeps draining it so I`m drowning it in water. In theory it should kill the plant but, I'm hoping that it`ll keep the roots moist and hopefully kick start the plant back to life. I`ve killed hamsters but never plants so I hope this would not be the first. Jeez......and I thought i was Miss Green Fingers before. This is so not good for my reputation.

So lets add oil this weekend! No sudden herbaceous deaths and lots of mucking and crunching.

No comments: