Friday, October 9, 2009

Aftermath of typhoon

Saw real cool clouds yesterday while out on the bike. Stormy, moody, gloomy and far far away. The scene nearby was fresh and cooling after the rain. A blanket of silence buffers the humming of the engines. As the train shot through the background, all was a surreal world of floating colors.

When emotions run amok, I turn to the world of color and brushes. Something about it sucks you in, suspend time, stills the mind, and then you emerge back into the world, gazing at the paper in front of you and wondering what it all means.
Like the first one most. But, thought it was too plain so added more and more, and the end result sucks. Wished I had just stuck with the first one. So smart lah, ini akibat for not listening to chinese proverb " Adding feet to snake".


Gah, padahal know that my dry on wet technique sucks. Only my wet on wet is best. Look at the clouds la, Im always very happy with how my clouds turn out one. GAh... I know la, i know, have to practice more.

4 comments:

mayc said...

ooh.. i oso like the 1st one best. someone told me tht wirepoles spoil ze views..

Sheila Yeoh said...

Joycee, Happy belated birthday:D
I did remember yesterday tho i only wish u now, hehe. Wah, love your photos and artwork! So 'YOU' and yet has this new, more refined dimension to it- probably new cos i haven't seen you for too long liao. Looks like your life super fun, not like mine...buried in books, cases, highlighters, exams and all the annoying stuff. But not for long! That's my only comfort- that I shall be done with exams FOREVER. hee. Miss you veli much and really really hope I shall be able to catch you when you go back Msia next year (when's zat?).Quick update bout the rest: Steph quite full life and though live in same city i haven't seen/ heard from her since August; Bel seems her same contented self but trying to save $$ to travel; Chelle a bit more 'cam' recently cos her grandpa just passed away not long after her grandma. But she seems to be coping. I should really recommend they visit your blog la. So fun and interesting though no more box box for me to leave you random msgs, hehe...take care ya, Joyce. And hope you had a wonderful birthday:D

Joyce said...

MayC: Haha...right..right...

the first one is better. But nebermind. Lesson learned.

Joyce said...

Sheila: Hey sheil ! Thanks! :D

So long never hear from you guys edi. Hehe.... glad to know ebrione is doing fine.

Hope to meet up wif you guys too. But prob is holidays are diff. Sigh....we`ll see.

All the best to ya!! :D

Lots of luv, Joyce