Sunday, June 15, 2008

Standing at the edge with my eyes wide open

I`ve been asking God these few days what his plan for me is like. Cos im loosing my way, like some lost sheep. It used to be simple, i knew what i wanted and how to set bout getting there. However, as usual, life or fate or what ever it is out there interfered and here i am now. I would love to think that it was my choice to be here but we all know better. I think this was the work of fate or should i say d hand of God, maybe? Sure, sure, thats nice too.... i can deal with that.

What i cannot deal wif is the lost of direction im getting and the gut feeling that decided to elope with it. I`ve been pushing and trying and going the way i seem to need to be going these few weeks as well. But i wonder why i`ve been left burned out. I asked God too....cos that seemed like the best thing to do.

I read The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho ( its Joann`s)some time ago and it was about this kid seeking his fortune, his way, his ultimate goal. The kid had hopes and dreams, maybe not that big a dream but still a dream and he held it near and dear to him. Then, came along this wise man, claiming to be the king of a well, kingdom and he told him to go forth and achieve more. The lad did but landed himself in a bad spot instead and there seemed no way out. Miraculously, he got a job at some crystal shop and began anew vowing to return to his original dream after getting out. He accomplished his goal but felt that he could handle newer and better stuff at that point. So what should he do? Should he follow the old dream or the new one? The one laid out to him by the King? Or the one he planned earlier on? Which one would be THE ONE? In the end, he choose the Kings way and did well.

So folks what is the moral of this story?

In my opinion, its very much like our lives. We can always, always plan but, we would never ever know how it would end up. We can only strive for the best and hope that all goes well. I guess ultimately, no matter what path u choose to take, that will be ur path, cos u chose it so its yours. Muahahaha...... so choose well my little darlings ....* scary castle music* .....it is after all concerning your very own mortality.

And the results of this questioning and asking? I am pleased to announce that i had an amazing day STANDING AT THE EDGE WITH MY EYES WIDE OPEN. Haha.....actually it felt more like tons and tons of ideas and thoughts were fighting to come out from my synapse until my brain was swimming in its own thoughts and since thoughts are denser then the average grey matter, or so i shall like to think, my brain floats in its own thoughts. Haha.... thats why i had to spew it all out or suffer from toppling over the edge. Lucky, my eyes were wide open so i could still navigate around and found much interesting material for more sessions.

Fascinating huh. Im so lucky im still so sane. Sometimes i wonder if this is all normal or most ppl try not to ponder over these things or im just wasting my time or this is all crap. No matter what, theres no way one would ever know right. Or is there.

ok i better stop. Im doing the loopy thing again. Ya, just gotta say things bother me. Many things bother me. I can`t just take it easy. I have to take it a part and build it up again, piece by piece and know why and where each piece goes. im sick i know. Maybe i need professional help, but then again i dun think i do. Maybe there`s a name for wat im having. They should be. There`s always a name for something.

Anyways, things to ponder on:

Judgement
Racism
Social activities and their purposes
Ego aka pride
Stupidity versus Smarts
The Norm aka Dun rock the boat
Comparison
Fear
Self doubt
Goals
Progress


Thats all i guess. But before i go, i would like to wish my super fabulooos and most wonderful dad:

HAPPY FATHER`S DAY!!!
I LOVE YA SOOOOOOOOooo MUCH
THOUGH I DON`T SAY IT COS UR TOO MACHO.
Without all your encouragement for us to be better than what we can be or believe to be, all the effort u put into my education, all the times u drove me to my countless tuitions, not to mention the bills u had to pay, the trips to all the libraries in town worth going to, your fastidiousness on my lousy English proficiency, when you were so kam ciong when i fell and tore my ligaments, the trips we take to broaden our minds, the care you take in providing and caring for your family, I would not be the person i am today. Thank you dad, from the bottom of my heart, for all you have done. You are the best dad ever, no matter what.


* To those who could bear it and read it till the end. Ur thoughts are much appreciated. :DDDD I`ld love to know ur thoughts on this. :)))))))))

22 comments:

syaza said...

i remember u told me pasal nak jadi interior designer..u nak decorate ur house macam mana toka..but end up, both of us taking civil..i start to think civil is not my thing, but then, dont have any other options..the prob is, i thought that if i do something that make my parents happy, then everything should be ok u know..but its not..at all..instead, its more like a pressure, a burden..high expectations, since im d eldest..im soo tired honestly..
but then, kalau fikir betul2, i dont have any plans, any goals..i dont know what to think, what do i want...im pretty messed up lately..thats y i miss u soo much~

Joyce said...

Oh Syaza.....im messed up too. I wanted interior designing soooo badly but now im beginning to doubt my creative abilities. In fact all my abilities..... i don`t really know what`s right anymore. I guess just finish uni and get a degree then see how. That`s the plan for now.

The pressure... i feel it too. Even though im the second. I get it from my family, even the teachers here and the students. It`s as if they expect me to be some kind of genius! Siaw! Thats why i kena burnout man. Sigh....but i find that lots of rest helps to be ready for the next battle.

So lets gambaru together neh. U try call or skype me anytime u feel like it ok. Loving ya to pieces, take care babe!

Anonymous said...

gambatte joyce!
dunno what to say kedo...

well...I choose chem because I love chem but somtimes I do doubt wether I can survive in this industry or not....
sometimes I do regret choosing Japan but being me,carefree and all,It felt not right...
I am living in this life doing this course having all the pengalaman maybe because the God want me to realise something that I yet not to realise....
dont regret as nantonaku die akan jadi....
Gambatte !

-I am not very falsampah ones so sorry if ada made mistakes k?-

Anonymous said...

the thing i like about u is that u do this. u question very consciously about it, u ponder very seriously and try to get everything pieces by pieces.

people do think about IT. but, the daily things that they must do, put them back into the system they have to follow to live life. they have to work, cook, get a social network of useful connections and what nots. it might be what keeps people sane as well.

they too have their own sets of thoughts of rules that we might or might not understand. in the end, it is their choice of whatever life they want to live. we don't need to judge them. doing so will just leave us tired and exhausted. if they aren't compatible with us, we can just ignore them and get on with our lives. but, when there're circumstances when we can't.. (im sure there's many)let's just try to live together with respect. i always think like, out of so many people in this world, i get to meet these people. there might be nothing in it for me. but, its just for a short short time, i'd prefer to just go with it, appreciate it.

excuse me dahling, i think u're saner than most people ok. think as how you wanna think. fly around, get possessed, *wink* ponder a bit. and come back when you're done babe.
love yah lots!

Joceline said...

i think u just put into words what everyone really feels at one time or another, Joyce and may I say u really have a way with words..There are ways to achieve your goals, Joyce. Just hang on there for a moment. You`ll get there somehow babe. I ponder sometimes on which route I should take after kosen life, what do I really want to do with my life in the future. I maybe thinking too much but all we can do prepare and hope for the best, I guess..

Joyce said...

amalina: Mana ada tak falsafah so make mistake. I think ur rite leh.Actually, everybody is right no matter what they think. Cos what they think will not dhange the truth or reality of the thing. Its just how you see things. :D

Kalau still dun know what you want i think takpe lah. Cos banyak org also tak tahu kan.Like you said we just have to try our best and nantonaku it will turn out all right. :DDDDDD

Gambarimashyou

Joyce said...

MayC: Aiyoh...how can u like me when i get all weird weird like that. Geez, i won`t even like myself. :PPP

Ya lah. I know what you mean. I also agree. But you know its not easy for me to put aside what i think. Cos my idealogy and actions go hand in hand or i will feel super uncomfortable. But then again my idealistic approach is also the root cause of my misery. So u see its not a win win situation. And i can`t bring myself to compromise on it and tada u get a crazy joyce. :D

Thanks for tahan-ing me and hanging wif me. Hehehe..... but then again ur not without ur quirky side as well. :PPPPPPPPP

Joyce said...

Joceline: Wah!!!! Praise!!! Thank you. Thank you. I will lap it all up and store it in my memory. :DDDDD

Ya i know.There are ways. As long as we work for it we can. Its just sometimes it seems so far away and you start to loose hope and confidence that you can really do it. Doubt is a really big blow to anyones system i think.

So as usual the conclusion would be we just have to jia you and see how it goes. I think we can never think too much lah. Go ahead and think more. :DDDDD

Lets all jia you. :))))) I can`t wait to see how ppl end up like in the future. Hehehe....it will be fun if we have a reunion party in the future huh. :D

Anonymous said...

em em...
I am not so very good with words kara...
ganbatte ne..
somehow...try jgn pikir byk sgt..
or u will lost....ima nara dekiru koto shika suru beki da mon!
xsemestinya u nnt keje dlm bidang civil...
just for cari pengalaman....



ahaks...reunion party in the future?
mesti buat deshou?
alumni of PPKTJ 0507
recreate our sotsugyou party ke...
then at that time kite reminisce balik...
sapa dah kawin sapa dah ada ank sort...
that time kita might be terpikir `IF I never took this course or IF I rejected JPA`s scholar,I wont be meeting all this superb friends and be what I am today`
so gambarimashou~!

jom caramelldansen di YukiD!

Joyce said...

Amalina: Yup. I know :)))))) Jgn worry pasal saya lah. Im ok one. Cuma kadang kala saya fikir terlalu banyak je. Lepas tu ok balik. Hehehe.... kalau saya buka kedai next time u kena datang support saya tau. :PPPP

Reunion Party!!!! Wah.... really sounds nice huh. Hehehe..... nanti semua org dah tua ada jobs, family, kids..... really cannot imagine how everybody will be like hor! Awww.... and we can have performance also. Hahaha....

syaza said...

well..syaza mesti maintain muda..hakhakhak..x sabar nk tunggu joyce datang dengan siapa..weee~~~

Joyce said...

Syaza: Wei! Apalah. Cakap diri sendiri first k. :PPPPPPPPPPP

Hahaha... maintain muda? Hahaha.... im still gonna look the cutest. :PPPP

Anonymous said...

huhu..aku belum baca lagi..

was all this thoughts before or after the talk we had???haiz...talk so much that day i dunno what to say now also..


p/s:whatever your choice is you know that we're always here to support you...

Joyce said...

Joann: Nay, it has been going on for a long time edi. Usually think more or less about these things all the time. Hehehe.....

Apalah, that day i think we gossip more than talk lah. :PPPPP

Thanks for the support. :D U know me also support u one lah. :PPPP

Anonymous said...

The last talk we had was Golden Week already..

And still,I think u know what u want,what u are going for..
Just sometimes will mess for a while..

...

I even worse than Amalina..
Lagi tak tau ape nak cakap..

Wee Kien said...

Seem that most of ppl havin difficulties to find what they want to do in the future.If you are really interested to be an interior designer, then i think you have to go for it.You maybe can buy book to study yourself from now on and maybe there is a way to change ur course in uni.About the creative abilities, i think it is hard to be developed in the kousen's environment.So gotta find a way to develope ur creativity.As long as you work hard, nantoka dekiruto omou. Gambatte!!

Joyce said...

Shuk yee: Hehehe..... ya. Just messed up for a while lah. Kekeke....

Dun know what to say neber mind. I know u love me one, rite rite rite???

:PPPPPP

Joyce said...

chwk87: Interior designing...ya. Sigh...but it seems so far away now.I wonder if i still can.Actually now, anything with design and art i also happy edi. Hahaha.....

Currently also interested in d environment and volunteering work so we`ll see how. Not sure, im just gonna take it easy. :D

Thanks for the encouragement. :DDDD You Jia You also lah. :)

Anonymous said...

shhh
dont tell everyone like that mar..
haha

Joyce said...

Shuk yee: Hahaha..... Shukyee SHY!!! :PPPPPPPP I love u also. :DDDDD

calvin said...

No, there is still someone who haven't commented on this entry. I was halfway typing it here last night when my internet got disconnected. So, I copy and paste it into somewhere else, continued typing my comments and saved it. Here is my comment and here it goes. It could be a REAL long one though. Too long that it can be made a blog entry itself ;)

Reading the entry to the end (your dedication to your dad was a sweet one indeed by the way) and browsing through all the comments posted, I guess everybody have summed up everything. I will give my thoughts on this anyway. Well, you have come this far and there is not going to be a turning back anymore now. What’s over is over and you should only look forward, but not too far to the future. Well, I am not saying it is a bad thing to think of the past, because you will get to learn your mistakes from those experiences.

When you allow your mind wonder and think too far ahead, this will what will happen. You will tend to ponder what lies ahead in your future. Will you get a secured job? Will you be satisfied with your job? Is that really what you wanted initially? Those thoughts are common but I guess it is a little bit too early to think about all those. I mean, it is good to have at least a rough idea what you will be doing in five to ten year’s time but I guess time will tell and give you a clearer answer on those uncertainties. Give yourself some time, and take one thing at a time. That is what I always do when I feel like I am stressed up and have too much work -load.

Japan has never come into my mind when I applied for this scholarship. My initial plan was to take up an Engineering course in the States or UK. But come to think about those people, who failed to secure an entrance to local universities, and you were offered a scholarship to study in overseas, I guess you should be grateful with what you got. Perhaps that is not what you have wanted, not your first choice, but just look at a positive side. If you didn’t get this scholarship, will you get to be exposed to a completely different environment in people’s land? Will you get to travel so much in a foreign country? I am not so sure about you but for me who came from a middle-class family, it will only be in my dreams to achieve all those. And also, will you get to meet this group of crazy friends?

Pressure coming from parents is another common thing. Being the eldest son, I get them all the time. But luckily for me, my parents don’t pressure me to the extent that I will feel over-pressured. I am not sure, but Professor Hashim did tell us once during his Physics lecture about a story of a student, who wanted to be a pilot but his parents wanted something different for him. The parent’s wish of wanting him being a doctor was granted. He studied hard, got a degree and hand it to his parents and told them he will do something he from enjoy the most from then on. That is why we cannot pressure our children in their studies so much. Let them enjoy their childhood and never give them unnecessary pressure. This is a bit out of topic, but never mind.

You wanted to be an interior designer last time. And now you are in this course. I don’t see anything impossible here for you to juggle between the two of them in the future and do what you love the most. Perhaps it is a bit complicated, but anything’s possible. You could perhaps find a job that is related to the two fields and suit your liking. It is not necessary that if you graduated from a law course; you have to be a lawyer. Tun Mahathir is a qualified doctor, but we don’t see him treating patient as much as him managing the country one time ago. Perhaps we will see Datuk Joyce appearing in the Parliament during a hot debate. Who knows, right? =P

I guess this is one of my longest comments ever and I doubt anyone will even spare some time to read it. Anyway, they are just my two cents worth of thoughts. Good luck and lets gambaru together :)

P.S: I was laughing reading Amalina’s comment on that reunion thing, when she said who will get married first xD

P.P.S: I like your new profile picture very much ;)

Joyce said...

Calvin: WAH LAU SE.... Ur comment damn looooong man. Hahaha..... dun know wat to say super kam dong lah u actually think about it and write so long punya reply. :DDDDD Pst... dun tell ur gf but i think i heart u liaw. Muahahaha....:P

All that ur saying, the can be something else even wif an eng degree , the good points of coming here, the crazy ppl i met since coming to PPKTJ.... i know one. And im very grateful for all this.

Pressure is more like unsaid pressure. Its something you just know. U know. Sigh.....that one i really dun know man.

So sometimes you get discourage when ur hopes, and your support system all seem so far away. Its kinda hard you know. Its like everything can come crashing down in a second. But i know lah, we all just have to cope and try our best right? :D

Dun worry bout me lah, some how or another i think i would get into something im passionate about. Anything less is unacceptable. Hahaha....now thinking bout the reunion party.....wonder how calvin would end up like hor. Hahaha... some rich business man or pro blogger? :PPP

P/s: My pic nice lei... haha... memang pun i sangat cute mah. :PPPPPPPP