Saturday, October 18, 2008

On artsy stuff

Made this today. Its for my host parent; Matsuoka san. Her birthday falls on the same day as mine. Interesting, huh! Anyway, wanted to give her something I made, somehow or another I decided to make paper craft instead of painting something. Finally, I can make good use of the Washi 和紙 that I bought some time ago.

First look. Was kinda pleased with this and wanted to frame it up already.....

But fate had other ideas. My next door art critique popped by and we decided on adding fans after a bit of discussion. I am seriously gonna miss discussing artistic compositions (is that a good phrase to call it? ) with MayC when she`s gone.Pop it in a frame and TADA! One present coming up. Does it look ok? Please comment. :)
But wait. Wrap up nicely for the best effect. Add a "J" onto it, perfection. :D
Its amazing that all this manifested from a random doodle I made just days ago while taking a break from reports. :D
Argghhhh...... looking back. I am so not feeling the hair. Should have made the top part thinner and added more layers. Argh..... the kimono sucks too. And i think the fans look a tad bit weird.Geez ......perfectionist mode kicking in. Sigh......and the internal struggle goes on.

Did not get much done on this one here. Going for the children`s book illustration look. Hope it does not look to much like crap when I`m done. >.<

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

i cant understand art stuff >"<
i only know those things looked hard to be done..
but it is good to have someone to discuss with..

Anonymous said...

ur doodle girl is a mix blood ah? got angmoh eyes and nose and jap lips.. hehe..

jia you on the rabbit hole.. me wanna see when i come back! =D

vincent said...

that first 2 pics.. only hair without face?
a bit scary ler
or i dont und arts maybe>!!

Joyce said...

Shuk: Hehe....i think everyone understands art la. :D

MayC: Kekeke....my version of a Japanese beauty is diff i guess. :PPP

Vincent: Haha... Mayc said that also. a bit scary maybe but without a face. u can imagine ur own face on her mah. :D

Joyce said...

Vincent: er..i think the last sentence came out wrong. i mean u can imagine a face for her. Happy face, sad face, scary face.....

syaza said...

whoa! nice..aikawarazu my roomate!! still remember the bday voucher that i got from u...my princess bed..perfect!!

Anonymous said...

when i first saw the frame on top i was like...wow...
love it!!keep it coming!!
i dont really get thepic of the girl down there though...lol..;P

joann

Joyce said...

Syaza: WAH.....u so sokong me...so terharu....:DDD

Joann: Haha...thanks man. So happy u like.:D Okies! Will keep em coming :D


Muahahaha...nampaknya i have lots of fans worh. Happy giler!!! :DDD

Anonymous said...

weird...
I love the girl...
love the hair.

Joyce said...

Amalina: Wats weird? u love the girl and hair! ooo.... yeah then :DDD